Be my guest
First off, thank you for joining me on the podcast.
I have a lot of fun on this show, and do my best to create an enjoyable, relaxed environment for everyone involved. here's what you can expect:
Before we record
I strive for the best audio quality possible (within reason). Things you'll need to achieve this:
- A good external microphone or USB headset 🎙
- A pair of headphones (over-the-ear preferred) 🎧
- A quiet place to record 🤫
- A reliable internet connection 🔌
- A Chromium-based browser such as Brave, Edge, or Google Chrome 📞
Riverside records video as well as audio. This video is not used in the main show, but I may at some point in the future choose to post these recordings to Youtube as supplemental content, or share clips and highlights to Youtube or other social platforms. Things you'll need to prepare for this:
- A decent webcam or external video camera 📹
- Good enough lighting so people can see your face 💡
- Your face centered vertically and horizontally in the shot 🖼
While we record
Join Riverside via the link I provided you at the scheduled time. Here are some tips and tricks for a great show:
- Put your mobile device(s) on Airplane Mode 📳
- Have a glass of water nearby to avoid the dreaded Dry Mouth Syndrome 🚰
- Don't worry if you misspeak, I'll be pulling the best clips and snippets for episodes. If run into trouble,
simply stop, breath, and start again. 👂
- Relax. Have fun. Bring your opinions 💯
After we record
hard intimidating talking part is over! Your interview will be reviewed, key quotes selected, and included in upcoming episodes.
- Receive an email when any show is published that includes your voice 📥
- Help share and promote the episide 🗣
I'm afraid I cannot promise that every single interview will end up included in a show, as it depends on what ends up making the narrative for the show work. However, you are always welcome to record again for future shows.
Thanks again! I greatly appreciate your willingness to come on and talk with me.